When you order your new mattress, you may be told that it will be delivered rolled. The majority of our mattresses are delivered this way – both memory foam and pocket sprung.
So, what exactly is a rolled memory foam mattress and why is it beneficial to have it delivered this way?
We explain everything you need to know before you buy...
What is a Rolled Mattress?
A rolled mattress is exactly what it says on the tin. It is a mattress which has been packed and rolled for ease of delivery.
Here’s what happens:
- Your mattress is made in our Yorkshire factory
- We use a special machine to compress and roll the mattress (they are not vacuum sealed)
- Mattresses are packaged and made ready for home delivery
- Our delivery team deliver your new mattress direct to your front door
Our customers have been quite taken with the novelty of a rolled mattress, describing it as everything from a ‘bratwurst sausage’ to a ‘quaver’! And watching the mattress expand before your eyes is often a talking point too.
What Kind of Mattress Comes Rolled Up?
There is a range of roll up mattresses available, from pocket spring to foam.
Both our memory foam and pocket spring mattresses can be delivered rolled for your convenience.
Roll Up Foam Mattress
A rolled memory foam mattress is ideal if you’re looking for ultimate comfort and full body support. Memory foam offers:
- Pressure relief
- Back and joint pain relief
- Spinal alignment
- Lumbar support
- Allergy relief
- Easy care
Pocket Spring Ready Rolled Mattress
Or, if you prefer pocket spring mattresses, this type of mattress features;
- Traditional, bouncy feel
- Targeted support
- Spinal alignment
Rolled Mattress Sizes
Our rolled mattresses come in a wide range of sizes, including;
- Rolled Single Mattress
- Rolled Small Double Mattress
- Rolled Double Mattress
- Rolled King Mattress
- Rolled Super King Mattress
The right size for you will be dependent on the number of people, this size of your bedroom and how much space you need to feel comfortable in bed.
Are Rolled Up Mattresses Any Good? The Benefits
Rolled mattresses have many benefits, including:
1. Your mattress is protected during transit - there is less surface area exposed and it is easier for our delivery team to handle!
2. It’s easier to move a rolled mattress to your bedroom – and you won’t scuff the wallpaper either.
3. It can fit in your car! So, if you live near our Yorkshire HQ in Wakefield, you can come and collect your new mattress without worrying if the boot will shut.
4. Reduced carbon footprint - rolling our mattresses allows us to fit more in our delivery vans, reducing the number of trips needed for delivery. Fewer trips = less fuel!
5: Fast deliveries - the convenience of a rolled mattress means it can be delivered directly to your door within a few days of ordering.
Does Rolling Cause Lasting Damage?
Absolutely not! Rolling involves compressing your mattress to approximately 25% of its original size – it’s not a vacuum packed process, so air is not sucked out.
As long as you follow the instructions for unrolling and using your mattress, your new mattress will remain in perfect condition.
We use the very latest in rolling technology and machinery. If companies say that the process is damaging, it may be that they do not have the required machinery and so cannot recommend it without risk. The truth is, if the rolling process caused damage to our mattresses then we would not use it.
If you’re still unsure about the rolling process or have any questions, give us a call! If you’re really not comfortable with your mattress being rolled, our team will simply arrange for flat delivery. Easy!
How Long Should You Leave a Rolled Mattress?
It is important that you unroll your mattress no later than 1 month after accepting the delivery in order to get optimum support and comfort out of your purchase. Leaving it rolled for 2 months or more could result in damage to the mattress.
Once you have removed the packaging and placed the mattress on your bed, you will need to wait to allow the mattress to expand before sleeping on it. This could take anywhere from 4 to 24 hours or more depending on the mattress so make sure you check the instructions.
It is important to allow your new mattress to expand completely before using.
Find more information on how long to leave a rolled mattress here.
Home Delivery with Memory Foam Warehouse
We offer an easy and efficient home delivery service for all of our mattresses. This includes free delivery on orders over £99.00, with 1-3 day delivery time.
Our mattresses are made from quality materials and only packaged on the day of dispatch.
With Memory Foam Warehouse you get:
- Reliable delivery service
- Expert mattress guidance and help
- 100 night sleep trial
- Interest free credit options
- British made products
- Excellent customer service
- Quality memory foam at affordable prices
Ready for a great night’s sleep? Check out our range of affordable memory foam mattresses to get started.