Choosing a new mattress can be a difficult process at the best of times and is a very important decision. It’s a product you are going to use almost daily for the next several years and spend up to a third of your life lying on, so picking the wrong type could be the difference between a blissful night’s sleep and a terrible one.
If you have ever taken a trip to your local bed store or browsed mattresses online, then the choice can seem overwhelming with many different brand products offering the latest type of comfort, with an array of technology that can confuse the best of us. With so many options available, how do you choose the best mattress for you?
Our goal at Memory Foam Warehouse is to help you find the perfect mattress which will bring you many years of sweet slumber. All you need is a few minutes to answer our short quiz and you’ll be on your way to better night's sleep.
1. How do you like your mattress to feel?a) Soft
a) Warm and cosy
b) Room temperature
d) I don’t mind
3. Do you suffer from back or joint pain?
4. What mattress type do you prefer?
d) I don’t mind as long as my back and joints are supported
a) Stomach sleeper
b) Combination sleeper
c) Back sleeper
d) Side sleeper
b) Weigh significantly more or less than you?
c) Sleep soundly?
d) Complain of aches and pains in the morning?
d) Back/Joint support
8. What type of sleeper are you?
b) Metal frame
If you answered mostly A’s…
A traditional memory foam mattress is the right choice for you!
Traditional memory foam mattresses are made from viscoelastic polyurethane foam. Originally developed by NASA to provide cushioning for astronauts, memory foam has since been used in mattresses thanks to its ability to mould to the shape of your body.
Memory foam softens on contact with body heat and weight, moulding to your contours for perfect spinal alignment. Memory foam is made up of polymer polyurethane which gives it viscosity, resulting in that soft, sinking feeling.
- Motion isolation
- Body contouring
- Great for allergen sufferers
- Ideal for adjustable bed frames
- Best for people who prefer a softer-feel to their mattress - superior feel and support
If you answered mostly B’s…
A hybrid mattress is the perfect fit for you.
A hybrid mattress combines two or more different types of mattress elements in one and contains multiple layers of material, for example, a hybrid mattress could be made up of:
- An open coil base and foam comfort layer
- A pocket sprung base and a memory foam top layer
- Springs and different types of mattress foam (reflex, gel, memory foam)
- Breathable: the innerspring layer allows air to move freely
- Layers of foam, or other materials, can help relieve pressure
- Diverse: Range of firmness levels
- Reduce motion transfer: the layers of material around the spring coils offer motion isolation
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
If you answered mostly C's...
A pocket sprung mattress has your name on it!
A pocket spring mattress has densely packed springs which are individually sewn into fabric pockets. The lone springs move independently so they only react to weight or pressure that is applied to that specific area, unlike a traditional spring mattress.
- Helps with spinal alignment
- It’s breathable
- Suitable for couples of all sizes
- Keeps you cool
- The individual springs provide great body weight support to reduce pressure point build-up
If you answered mostly D’s...
You require an orthopaedic mattress.
An orthopaedic mattress provides high levels of comfort and support, plus other benefits such as pressure relief. The firm mattress is designed to support the muscles, bones, and joints. This makes the orthopaedic mattress suitable for people suffering from back pains and aches and other muscle or bone-related conditions.
- Distribute your body weight evenly
- The best mattress for posture
- Eases back and joint pain
- Supports pressure points
- Helps with spinal alignment
Now we've helped you find the perfect fit, don't hesitate to order your memory foam mattress for a blissful night's sleep!