A mattress cover is an essential item of bed linen – yet because it’s not visible, many people forget about it completely. A mattress cover is really useful because:
- It protects your mattress and extends its lifespan
- It’s washable, so you can keep your mattress fresh and hygienic
- It can help keep you cool
Do I Need to Use a Mattress Cover on a New Mattress?
Yes, a mattress cover should be used on all mattresses regardless of whether the mattress is new or not. All of our mattresses come complete with a washable mattress cover as standard – but it’s always useful to have a spare in the cupboard for when you’re doing the laundry.
Why Use a Mattress Cover?
1) Most mattress warranties don’t cover spillages and other accidental damages. So a mattress cover is a really good way to protect your mattress from such happenings.
2) Mattress covers are really easy to clean. All you need to do is remove it and throw it the washing machine. Try to get into the routine of washing your mattress cover when you wash your bedding. This will help you to keep your whole bed feeling clean and fresh. It’s useful to have a spare mattress cover in the cupboard so you don’t have to wait for the washed one to dry.
3) If you often feel too warm during the night, our Coolmax Mattress Cover can help keep you cool and comfortable. Coolmax fabric is ultra-breathable, so it wicks away body heat and moisture before it has chance to build up.
4) If you struggle with temperature fluctuations in the night, often feeling too hot or too cold then our Outlast Mattress Cover is just what you need. Outlast fabric (originally developed by NASA) controls your body temperature so you sleep comfortably all year round, free from temperature disturbances.
How Long Will a Mattress Cover Last?
We recommend replacing your mattress cover annually. To help prolong its lifespan, try to get into a regular laundry routine as mentioned above.
If you have any more questions about mattress covers or general memory foam maintenance, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.