Congratulations! You’ve just ordered your new mattress and it’s on its way. Within 1-3 working days you’ll be sleeping like a dream. But first things first, what do you do when your memory foam mattress is delivered? We answer all of your burning questions here..
How Long Will My Order Take To Arrive?
To make your mattress purchase go as smoothly as possible, we offer an easy and efficient delivery service. We’re dedicated to delivering your mattress of choice efficiently and safely so you can experience that perfect night’s sleep as quickly as possible!
Most of our orders will be delivered within 1-3 working days, Monday to Friday between 8am and 9pm. Although, our two-man deliveries and mattresses that are delivered flat and not rolled, may take up to 7 working days.
What Your Mattress Will Look Like When It Arrives
Nearly all of our Memory Foam Warehouse mattresses are delivered compressed and rolled using the very latest technology. This process doesn’t impact the performance of the mattress and foam layers in any way – you just need to give it a little time to expand once you’ve unwrapped it.
Compressing mattresses for delivery reduces postage costs and makes them easier to move. We have found that not only does this have a positive environmental impact, because we can use fewer lorries to transport the same number of mattresses, but that it is also the most hygienic and convenient method of delivery for our customers.
You can safely keep your mattress packed for up to a month after delivery.
How Are Mattresses Rolled Up?
Rolled up mattresses or vacuum packed mattresses are rolled by;
- Being covered in a protective, plastic wrap
- Compressed in a machine
- Vacuum sealed
- Rolled and sealed again
How to Welcome Your New Memory Foam Mattress
Simply take your brand new memory foam mattress to the room of your choice and then carefully open the plastic packaging with a small knife or pair of scissors and dispose of it safely. You should be aware that once you undo the packaging, the mattress will also become more difficult to move around. With this in mind, you will probably want to undo the packaging in the same room the mattress will be used in.
Please take care only to cut the plastic and not to damage the cover of the mattress when opening it.
What Happens When I Unpack My Memory Foam Mattress?
When the plastic cover is pierced, this allows air back into the mattress in order to regain its original shape.
How to Unroll Your Memory Foam Mattress
- Unroll the mattress and lay it flat on your bed base or bed frame.
- Allow the mattress to expand. Leave it to expand and settle for a short period of time. Depending on the mattress and mattress company, this could take between 4, 24 hours or 48 hours.
- Ensure that your bedroom is well ventilated but not too cold.
- Allow a few days for the mattress to adapt, warm and settle.
- If the new foam smell is really bothersome, put a bowl of white vinegar in the corner of your room. (If the smell persists, we would suggest airing in a well-ventilated room for 24/48 hours.)
- Once fully expanded, you can add a mattress protector or memory foam mattress topper for extra comfort.
Sleep like a dream!
Need some new memory foam pillows to go with your new mattress? Browse our range of memory foam pillows.