‘Tis the season for Staycations! Nothing beats hopping in your motorhome and enjoying a Great British holiday. If you’re worried about missing your uber comfortable memory foam mattress waiting for you at home, it might be time for a motorhome mattress upgrade!
Discover what qualities to look for when choosing a motorhome mattress replacement, alongside tips and tricks on making your motorhome more comfortable for sleep...
What’s the Best Mattress for a Motorhome?
Hey, you’re on holiday! And if there’s one thing that you definitely shouldn’t have to deal with … it’s an uncomfortable bed. This is your time for relaxing and recuperating!
Motorhome holidays often include lots of walking, cycling and hiking. Memory foam will provide your muscles with all the support and comfort they need to rest and recover, so you wake up feeling spritely and ready for the day ahead.
Viscoelastic memory foam moulds to the curves of your body from head to toe, easing muscular tension in your upper body (a common result of long travelling).
Our Coolmax range of memory foam mattresses will help to regulate your temperature and ensure that you sleep comfortably whatever the weather.
But don’t just take it from us...
Motorhome Memory Foam Mattress Review
Motorhoming memory foam miracle!
"We love our motorhome holidays but were experiencing increasing amounts of backache, leg ache and sciatic pain due to a mattress affording little support coupled with cooler overnight temperatures. We have a memory foam mattress at home so we opted for a memory foam topper for the van. What a difference!
This summer we were comfortable and experienced no pain at all! The mattress topper kept us cool on warm evenings and was cosy on cooler nights. Definitely the best investment we have made for our motorhome!“
How to Make Your RV Mattress More Comfortable
If you currently struggle to get a decent night’s sleep in your motor home, try these tips;
- Invest in supportive memory foam pillows - foam pillows provide extra support for your head, neck and spine which is particularly important when you’ve spent a long time travelling
- Add a memory foam mattress topper - if you can’t afford to replace an uncomfortable mattress, a topper does a great job of providing the extra cushioning you need to get cosy. You can even transfer it to the house at the end of the holiday to get maximum use out of your purchase!
- Pad the bed base - often motorhome bed bases can be very hard. Adding extra padding using foam, seat cushions or other soft materials underneath your existing mattress can help to soften things up
- Cool things down - motorhomes can get a little stuffy in the height of summer. Try a cooling mattress topper to help regulate your body heat and keep your bed feeling fresh
- Add throws and blankets - not only will they help to keep you cosy during chilly nights, but soft textures and textiles can also help to create a relaxing atmosphere to help get you ready for sleep
Best Motorhome Mattress Toppers
A good mattress topper should provide adequate comfort and support for your frame, and fit neatly atop your existing mattress.
A memory foam mattress topper is a great way of adding a cooling layer to your bed or adding extra support to help ease back or joint pain.
Here are some of our top picks;
Best for Hot Sleepers
The 4G Aircool Memory Foam Mattress Topper is perfect for hot sleepers. With cooling, open-cell foam to increase airflow and a moisture-wicking Coolmax cover, this hypoallergenic topper will transform your bed into a fresh and restful paradise. Free delivery available on orders over £99.
Best Budget Pick
Our Essentials Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a fantastic budget option for those looking for a cheap and cheerful fix for an uncomfortable motorhome mattress. Delivered rolled for convenience.
Motorhome Mattress Sizes
Motorhome beds and mattresses can vary in size, depending on the size of the motorhome and when it was built.
If you’re looking for a replacement motorhome mattress, make sure you measure the space before upgrading.
Check out our guide to mattress sizes to find the right fit.
Made to Measure Mattress Service
If your motorhome bed is slightly different from standard UK measurements, don’t worry. We can make mattresses and toppers to your exact measurements in our Yorkshire Mattress factory – that’s the brilliant thing about dealing with a UK manufacturer!
Whatever size, shape or thickness of the mattress you need to make your motorhome a dream to sleep in, we’re here to help. If you’d like some more advice or a quotation for a custom size memory foam mattress, give us a call or drop us an email.
Buy a memory foam mattress or topper for your motorhome and sleep like a dream when you’re on the road.