At Memory Foam Warehouse, we pride ourselves on providing honest and reliable mattress information. So today we’re bearing all and talking Memory Foam Pros and Cons. That way, you can decide for yourself whether we’re the ones for you (we’ve got our fingers crossed!).
Memory Foam Pros
1. Full Body Support
Visco-elastic memory foam conforms to the contours of your body perfectly – no matter how big or small, or what position you sleep in. This provides much needed relief for your body during the night, and in particular helps sufferers of Back Pain, Arthritis, Bed Sores and Frozen Shoulder Syndrome.
2. Total Relaxation
With perfect comfort and support from the moment you lie down, you’ll find you drift off much easier than on your old lumpy mattress. Whirring thoughts and trivial worries won’t keep you awake late into the night any more. Memory foam mattresses are far too comfy for that.
3. Suitable for all shapes and sizes
Every night, memory foam reacts to your body and the position you’re lying in. So whatever shape or size you are a memory foam mattress will support you perfectly. This independent support also means that co-sleepers both benefit equally from the mattress, even if they’re not the same size.
4. Suitable for all sleeping positions
Back, front and side sleepers all love memory foam mattresses:
- Back sleepers receive high levels of support around their lower back which is so important yet non-existent with traditional coil mattresses, which tend to leave this part of you suspended in mid air
- Front and side sleepers are able to rest properly, without mounting pressure on their knees, hips and shoulders
5. Motion Isolation
Because memory foam supports each body individually, it absorbs any motion caused by your partner’s nighttime movements. So you’ll sleep undisturbed even with the wriggliest of sleepers by your side.
6. More Restful Sleep
Chances are your partner won’t be moving around much anyway as the superior support and comfort of a memory foam mattress can reduce tossing and turning by up to 80%. It also calms involuntary movements and muscle jerks so you and your partner sleep undisturbed.
7. Correct Spinal Alignment
Adaptive memory foam supports every part of your back equally. So you naturally rest with a straight healthy spine and wake up free from aches and pains in the morning.
8. Healthy Blood Circulation
Sleeping with your spine aligned encourages increased, healthy blood circulation – so sleeping on a memory foam mattress reduces and eases swollen joints too.
9. Breathable and Fresh
Back in the day, memory foam could get quite warm. But thanks to innovations in foam technology this is no longer a problem:
- 4G Aircool memory foam 1) has an ‘open-cell’ structure so air can flow through it easily and 2) releases a cooling sensation when pressure is applied. Click here to browse our 4G Aircool Mattresses
- Outlast mattress covers store and release your body heat to prevent fluctuations during the night so you sleep undisturbed whatever the weather. Click here to browse our Outlast Mattresses
10. Variety of Designs
A common misconception of memory foam mattresses is that there’s just one design. But that’s simply not the case. Different foam depths, densities and compositions create mattresses across the spectrum – from soft and sinking to firm and supportive. Hybrid designs are also available, such as Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattresses (find out more).
Memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic, antibacterial and dust mite resistant so you can rest easy your sleeping spot is clean and hygienic. This is particularly good news for asthma and allergy sufferers.
12. Long Lifespan
Memory foam is well know for it’s durable qualities. It’s ability to mould to your body and spring back to its original shape will continue for years to come. That’s why our memory foam mattresses come with lengthy warranties of up to 15 years.
13. Easy Clean
All of our mattresses come with removable mattress covers which can be popped in the washing machine for a quick and easy way to keep your mattress fresh and hygienic.
14. No Flip
Memory foam mattresses are designed not to be flipped over. That’s one arduous task which can be crossed off the list forever! To keep your mattress in tip top condition, we just recommend turning it head-to-foot every month or two.
15. Trial Period
To fully understand the joy of a memory foam mattress, you have to try it. That’s why our mattresses come with a 60 Night Trial. So you’ve got 2 full months to decide if it’s the one for you. If it’s not, we’ll swap it for one that is.
Memory Foam Cons
We’re big fans of memory foam, but we understand that nothing is perfect. Below are some traditional problems with memory foam mattresses and how we’ve solved them. Hey, so maybe we are perfect after all!
1. Too Warm?
Traditional memory foam can be quite warm during the night – but with innovative foam technology and cooling mattress covers, this is a thing of the past! If you’re really worried about feeling too warm, check these out:
- 4G Aircool Mattresses feature innovative 4G Aircool memory foam which releases a cooling sensation when pressure is applied. Click here to shop
- Outlast Mattresses have temperature-regulating Outlast mattress covers which store and release excess body heat when needed. Click here to browse
- CoolMax Mattresses have ultra breathable covers which wick away excess heat and moisture, so you stay cool and dry. Click here to shop
- Outlast and Coolmax Mattress Covers can also be purchased as standalone products and fitted onto your existing memory foam mattress. Click here to buy
2. ‘New Mattress’ Smell
Sometimes, new memory foam mattresses release a slight odour. This is not harmful at all and will disappear after a day or so in a well ventilated room. For more information and some helpful tips, check out: Smells Safety & Polyurethane Foam: Is My Mattress Toxic?
3. Expensive £££
Memory foam mattresses can vary quite dramatically in price. Certain brands charge more because they can – sometimes as much as 5 figure sums! At Memory Foam Warehouse, that’s not really our style. We produce everything onsite at our Yorkshire HQ which means you can enjoy high quality memory foam products at factory-direct prices. Our mattresses start from as little as £99.99 so if you are thinking of upgrading to a memory foam mattress but are concerned about expenses, we are your perfect match.
In a landslide victory, that’s 15 pros and only 3 cons! For us, sleeping on memory foam mattresses is the best thing ever and we’d love you to join the club. Click the link below to start shopping or contact us for more detailed recommendations. We’d love to hear from you 😴